Sporting Competitions and Performances
Icanwin prides itself on developing the gifts and talents of children. We are passionate about challenging children and sporting competitions are just one way that we do this. We provide a range of competitive and non-competitive events, which give children a chance to showcase some of their talents. Additionally, our after school dance clubs hold a dance performance at the end of every term. During these performances, children have the opportunity to show their friends, family, carers and teachers what they have achieved over the 10-12 weeks. These events are always popular and it’s always a delight to see the different children sharing their talents on stage.
As part of our daily coaching routine, we give children the opportunity to participate in game situations relating to the focus sport. Then, at the end of each half term, our coaches create a sports focus competition with all the children across the class or year. At these mini tournaments, the children are given the opportunity to use the skills they have learnt over the term in a real life situation, while also allowing them to develop their competitive strengths.During these events, our expert coaches will choose a range of children to take on different roles within a team such as a captain or striker; roles that will rotate and alter slightly each term creating a more inclusive experience for every child. Through these half term competitions children have the chance to win various certificates and at the end of the year, their success will be recognised with a mini medal.
Additionally, to build the children’s sportsmanship and team skills, our coaches organise and run intra-school competitions. Competitions often run once per term and are usually focused on a schools favourite sport or as a link to a schools sports club. Football, basketball, hockey and netball tournaments are often popular choices, yet Icanwin coaches can also organise a wider range of competitions like volleyball, tennis, mini rugby; all sports are possible. At these events, children are given the opportunity to play with and against children from other year groups in a competitive environment. They can win certificates and medals based on their involvement and success with the competition.
Help setting up any intra-school competitions can be provided by our Icanwin coaches. Simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a coaching consultation today.
Once a term, Icanwin organises competitions with school s from within the local community. It is an excellent chance for schools to choose their most talented children and give them the opportunity to play against other gifted children within the borough. These competitions are not only exciting for the children to participate in, but are also exciting for other children to watch. Bringing various schools from a borough together always creates a sense of competitive excitement which is ideal for young children experiencing their first real tournaments. Plus, these events often bring together other members of the community making it a very social and supportive event for any of the schools involved. Similar to previous competitions, children have the opportunity to gain participation certificates, winners medals and even a school trophy. All the details of every event are organised and co-ordinated by Icanwin coaches so being involved in any competition is made easy. As a school, all you need to do is contact us email@example.com to let us know that you would like to be involved in the next local sporting competition. For information about dates, times and locations, check out our Twitter posts @icanwins
7 reasons why your child should stay active with ICanWin Sports
- 01.Healthy body Regular physical activity helps build and maintain strong, healthy muscles, bones and joints along with helping kids achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
- 02.Better Academic and social skills Research shows that exercise promotes improved school attendance and enhances academic performance also aids in the development of important interpersonal skills.
- 03.Healthy Mind Exercise helps improve motor coordination and enhances the development of various motor performance skills.
- 04.Disease prevention Participating in regular physical activity prevents or delays the development of many chronic diseases and promotes health.
- 05.Better sleep Exersice improves the quantity and quality of sleep.
- 06.Happier children Kids who exercise have greater self-esteem and better self-image. Children who are active report fewer symptoms of anxiety and depression and a better overall mood.
- 07.Fun, Fun, Fun Ikanwin staff work very hard to ensure that kids are learning and having the best time possiable. Staying active is important and should be as much fun as possiable