Specialist Sports Coaching - PPA Cover (Available for all key stages)
At Icanwin, we pride ourselves on developing the skills of children from Nursery right up to Secondary School. Our diverse and highly experienced coaches regularly work with children in nursery to develop their physical literacy and fine motor skills; extending these skills as the children progress up into secondary school.
PPA cover can be provided for a morning, afternoon or whole day, depending on the needs of your school. Sessions are tailor made, based on the New Curriculum Objectives, to build on the children’s pre-existing skills enabling them to develop a broader set of skills within a huge variety of sports. Plus, at Icanwin, we believe in a consistent approach to teaching, therefore, where possible, we try to ensure that the same coach is used for all PPA sessions and any after school sessions.
week by week
Through accurate assessment, our coaches are able to consistently monitor and record the progress of the children as the topics broaden over a half term or term. With the assessment information, coaches are able to effectively differentiate every lesson ensuring that any LSA or TA support is used appropriately and effectively through-out the whole lesson. Additionally, coaches are able to share these assessments with teachers enabling them to have an accurate up to date knowledge of their classes sporting abilities and progress over the year. Towards the end of the year, coaches are able to provide report comments for teachers to use at their convenience.
With every Icanwin PPA cover coach, each school will receive their own, personalized curriculum map (highlighting the varied sports each class or year groups will be experiencing over the year) along with a half term skill development map. The skill development map will show how the coach plans to develop the skills within the class over the half term. With the progressing skills in mind, our expert coaches are then able to develop daily lesson plans packed full with fun games, skills and competitive sporting opportunities.
Every Icanwin coach is fully qualified, holds a current CRB, has an up-to-date Safe-guarding certification AND has a current First Aid certification. Also, our talented staff all receive regular training to support them with managing behavior in sporting situations as well as following a ‘No-shouting’ policy; instead they focus on a positive approach to managing behavior ensuring that all children enjoy each and every session.
All of incredible coaching sessions are easily adapted to be completed within small spaces in or outdoors. In addition, our sessions only require basic sporting equipment.
7 reasons why your child should stay active with ICanWin Sports
- 01.Healthy body Regular physical activity helps build and maintain strong, healthy muscles, bones and joints along with helping kids achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
- 02.Better Academic and social skills Research shows that exercise promotes improved school attendance and enhances academic performance also aids in the development of important interpersonal skills.
- 03.Healthy Mind Exercise helps improve motor coordination and enhances the development of various motor performance skills.
- 04.Disease prevention Participating in regular physical activity prevents or delays the development of many chronic diseases and promotes health.
- 05.Better sleep Exersice improves the quantity and quality of sleep.
- 06.Happier children Kids who exercise have greater self-esteem and better self-image. Children who are active report fewer symptoms of anxiety and depression and a better overall mood.
- 07.Fun, Fun, Fun Ikanwin staff work very hard to ensure that kids are learning and having the best time possiable. Staying active is important and should be as much fun as possiable