Range of Activities
Working with schools, sports clubs and community groups we offer a wide range of sporting activities.
Ikanwin offers a number of activities designed to give students of all ages a great experience of education and fun with sports. With the help of our supportive and talented coaches, we teach children working at any level and build their skill base. We are committed to ensuring that you and your students stay safe throughout all our outreach activities.
Our activities are designed to challenge and extend children. Through our varied sessions, we help to build children’s self esteem and communications skills. Each activity is tailored to the children’s needs to ensure that we can help them to reach their sporting potential. Every activity is created with your child in mind.
week by week
The weekly sessions are planned and prepared in advanced by outstanding teachers. We aim to teach one sport per term with lots of opportunities to play game situations within the term. In addition, we build teams and after clubs based on our wide range of sporting activities
Our sessions are created and planned as termly blocks. Each week is designed so that the skills gradually build. By the end of the term, the children’s progress will be seen on through our clear skills assessments. Our experienced coaches adapt plans on weekly basis to suit the needs and strengths of a class or group of students. Skills can be up-leveled or regressed where necessary. Ikanwin ensures that we use the same coaches each week within a school to ensure continuity for the children as well as allowing our coaches to develop a good knowledge of the children’s ability. With this knowledge, they can also assess children confidently throughout the term.
Our highly skilled coaches specialise in a range of sports. As listed below, these sports have been broken down into a range of skills that Ikanwin coaches teach within their lessons.
All of incredible coaching sessions are easily adapted to be completed within small spaces in or outdoors. In addition, our sessions only require basic sporting equipment.
Staff Keep-fit sessions
At Ikanwinsports, we think it is vital to develop the fitness and community of the staff, as well as the children. Therefore, we offer a unique ‘Keep-fit’ class run strictly for staff members.
The sessions can run over lunchtimes or after school and provide a fun and relaxed attitude to sports. Our sessions are aimed at any age or fitness level, so every member of staff can be included. They run for an hour weekly and often provide staff with a great opportunity to build stronger bonds as they pair up for certain activities, while having a good giggle.
Sessions can be paid for by individual staff based on the hourly cost of a coach or included in the school package. In addition, specific sports can be selected for the staff to learn and practise, potentially resulting a staff team.
7 reasons why your child should stay active with ICanWin Sports
- 01.Healthy body Regular physical activity helps build and maintain strong, healthy muscles, bones and joints along with helping kids achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
- 02.Better Academic and social skills Research shows that exercise promotes improved school attendance and enhances academic performance also aids in the development of important interpersonal skills.
- 03.Healthy Mind Exercise helps improve motor coordination and enhances the development of various motor performance skills.
- 04.Disease prevention Participating in regular physical activity prevents or delays the development of many chronic diseases and promotes health.
- 05.Better sleep Exersice improves the quantity and quality of sleep.
- 06.Happier children Kids who exercise have greater self-esteem and better self-image. Children who are active report fewer symptoms of anxiety and depression and a better overall mood.
- 07.Fun, Fun, Fun Ikanwin staff work very hard to ensure that kids are learning and having the best time possiable. Staying active is important and should be as much fun as possiable