Specialist Sporting Day – A Sports Taster Day
At Icanwin, we strive to build a passion for sport in each and every child. Specialist Sports Taster Days are an ideal way to do this! They enable children to experience a wider range of sports without pressuring them into committing to one. By trailing a variety of sports, children can rebuild their passion for sport while sparking their interest leading to a new hobby; in turn, helping them to become more physically fit. By providing children with shortened experiences of a sport, children are giving the chance to experience the lighter side and can dive-in to the ‘fun element’ without needing to know each and every rule.
Who are they for?
We can create taster days focusing on a key year group, key stage or even with the whole school. Available spacing will be taken into account when creating a taster day and equipment for specific sports will be provided; enabling a wider range of sports, including ‘new’ sports to be shared over the day.
Every session will be delivered by our expert Icanwin coaches, who specialise in key and unique sports. As each day is tailor made with your school in mind, specific coaches can be selected to run each session and days can run using more than one Icanwin Coach enabling a greater variety of sports to be sampled. Plus, to add to the experience of your Sport’s Taster Day, Sporting champions can attend. They can either run a session or can open the day up with a welcome/introduction assembly. (To find out more about the Sports Champions, please visit the Sports Champion page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org).
How many children can participate?
Dependent on the amount of children included in the taster day, sessions can run for 30-45 minutes, which allows children to get a small ‘snap-shot’of a sport. By providing children with these ‘snap-shot’s’, we hope to show the children the best possible elements of the sport whether it is a competitive sport or not. With a shortened session, children are given the chance to experience new equipment, new games and possibly even new ways to work within a sport whether it’s an independent game, partner game or team game.
What else do I need to know?
Based on the success of a sports taster day, follow up specialist sporting days can be arranged where the children are given a whole day to learns the ‘in’s and out’s’ of a game or regular sports clubs can be set up. Additionally, feedback from the children can help to create a new, more positive curriculum with their needs and interests as the core focus. The Icanwin Team can help with any follow up sessions or a redesign in curriculum at any stage, simply contact us as email@example.com to find out more.
Here are just some of the sports that could be included in your Specialised Sports Taster Day:
- Non-contact Boxing
- Dance (with varying styles including Street, Modern Tap, Body Tap and many more)
- Table tennis
7 reasons why your child should stay active with ICanWin Sports
- 01.Healthy body Regular physical activity helps build and maintain strong, healthy muscles, bones and joints along with helping kids achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
- 02.Better Academic and social skills Research shows that exercise promotes improved school attendance and enhances academic performance also aids in the development of important interpersonal skills.
- 03.Healthy Mind Exercise helps improve motor coordination and enhances the development of various motor performance skills.
- 04.Disease prevention Participating in regular physical activity prevents or delays the development of many chronic diseases and promotes health.
- 05.Better sleep Exersice improves the quantity and quality of sleep.
- 06.Happier children Kids who exercise have greater self-esteem and better self-image. Children who are active report fewer symptoms of anxiety and depression and a better overall mood.
- 07.Fun, Fun, Fun Ikanwin staff work very hard to ensure that kids are learning and having the best time possiable. Staying active is important and should be as much fun as possiable