Sports days are one day events towards the end of the academic year where children get to show their sporting talents and skills that they have acquired over the year. Through a carousel of events each child gets the opportunity to perform against their peers in an attempt to win a certificate, sticker or sometimes trophy. At Icanwin, we like to make these annual sports days a sporting success for each and every child within your school so we have created the ideal Sports Day package available for any school.
Our experienced Events Team will plan, prepare and deliver your whole school sports day with ease. All they need to is basic information about your school to begin and a plan can be created specifically focusing on the needs and talents of your school and children.
Prior to the event, your Sports Day co-ordinator will meet with your P.E. leader in school, explaining the chosen activities, the formation for the day, any travel information (if needed) and will provide them with a basic information pack to be shared with all staff. Letters will also be provided inviting parents and carers to the event, which can be given out at the discretion of the school.
Activities can be created based on the new P.E. curriculum within your school or can focus more on solo activities in a traditional Sports Day style. Additionally, any athletic or sporting events can be pre-taught in school with our Icanwin Coaches in preparation for the sports day.
Two weeks before the start, the lead Icanwin Coach will run a special Sports Day assembly with the whole school including the staff that will be supporting the day. During this assembly, they will explain to the children how the activities will run and will share the carousel formation that will be used. They will introduce the school staff that will be supporting on key activities and will even give a mini demonstration of some of the less obvious activities. The prizes (as agreed previously with the P.E. lead) will be shared including the participation certificates helping to excite and further engage the children.
On the day, the varied range of activities will be prepared by the Icanwin Coaches. Equipment will either be hired from Icanwin or will be used from the school stock (dependent on activities chosen). A timetable highlighting the starting position for each class or year group will have already been shared with staff making the start smooth and calm. As the day progresses, the lead Icanwin Coach willinitiate the rotations ensuring that each group receives an appropriate period of time at each activity. During each station, children will also gain the opportunity to win prizes highlighting the competitive element to the day. Stickers for participation and sportsmanship will remain a key stable in each activity too ensuring each and every child receives a positive sporting experience.
Parents and carers who gather to watch will be invited to participate in some community activities at the end of the day (if previously agreed by the school) creating a comical end to an active day.
Booking your active Sports Day with Icanwin is easy, simply contact us at email@example.com
7 reasons why your child should stay active with ICanWin Sports
- 01.Healthy body Regular physical activity helps build and maintain strong, healthy muscles, bones and joints along with helping kids achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
- 02.Better Academic and social skills Research shows that exercise promotes improved school attendance and enhances academic performance also aids in the development of important interpersonal skills.
- 03.Healthy Mind Exercise helps improve motor coordination and enhances the development of various motor performance skills.
- 04.Disease prevention Participating in regular physical activity prevents or delays the development of many chronic diseases and promotes health.
- 05.Better sleep Exersice improves the quantity and quality of sleep.
- 06.Happier children Kids who exercise have greater self-esteem and better self-image. Children who are active report fewer symptoms of anxiety and depression and a better overall mood.
- 07.Fun, Fun, Fun Ikanwin staff work very hard to ensure that kids are learning and having the best time possiable. Staying active is important and should be as much fun as possiable