Icanwin Cheerleading clubs have beendeveloped out of a love and passion for dance and cheerleading. We want children of all ages, to be able to experience a wider range of sporting opportunities and our cheerleading clubs are fun, active ways to get children of all ages and abilities involved.
Why choose cheerleading?
At Icanwin sports we understand that to build self-confidence you need to believe that as a collective – whether it be in your cheerleading club or your Zumba class. We know that support and encouragement is key. In all the Icanwin cheerleading classes we pride ourselves on creating an atmosphere that makes all our participants feel comfortable and supported allowing them to escape their inhibitions and develop as individuals. Every club has been develop and designed by our expert and professional cheerleading coaches, ensuring that every session is fun, fulfilling and open to everyone regardless of gender, age, fitness level, religious beliefs or ethnicity. Through our skilled sessions, children learn to appreciate the benefits of positive team work and communication, enabling them to develop as a cheerleading squad over the sessions.Plus, our team work ethos builds confidence in all of our athletes and through children choosing various roles within the squad, we can support them with their leadership and management skills.
Each Icanwin class provides students with hands on experience in team work, leadership skills, and communication, all integral to cheerleading. Cheerleading skills include Stunts, Tumbling and Dance, Jumps and Motions. With a combination of all of these elements, they help to bring fun and creativity to the sport and our classes. Though a combination of vibrant and modern music, our expert cheerleading coaches choreograph and sculpt interesting cheer sets which are shown at the end of each half term to a variety of friends and family members. As every session is an active session, it provides an excellent way to increase physical fitness while having a great time.
Top Tips for Cheerleading:
Do you want to become the best possible cheerleader you can? If so, follow these steps:
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables
Bright fruits and vegetables help to make your skin healthier and give you a great shine, helping you to stand out.
- Make friends with other cheerleaders
Don’t be competitive with the other cheerleaders! The more you have fun with the other girls, the easier it will be to have fun while you’re cheerleading and that’s the key to being a good cheerleader.
- Develop your vocal velocity
If you’re going to be a cheerleader, you better learn how to amplify your vocal cheering. If you don’t have a loud voice, there’s a good chance that you speak with your throat muscles instead of your diaphragm. You can actually learn how to change this and it will make your voice deeper and louder.
Almost anything you do in life is done better with confidence. Practicing your skills and adding multiple talents to your repertoire is an easy way to build your confidence.
- Always warm up
Make sure you warm up with some light activity and a bit of stretching before starting any sessions. You work really hard while you cheer and sometimes that can be dangerous, you can easily pull a muscle if you’re not ready and focused.
7 reasons why your child should stay active with ICanWin Sports
- 01.Healthy body Regular physical activity helps build and maintain strong, healthy muscles, bones and joints along with helping kids achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
- 02.Better Academic and social skills Research shows that exercise promotes improved school attendance and enhances academic performance also aids in the development of important interpersonal skills.
- 03.Healthy Mind Exercise helps improve motor coordination and enhances the development of various motor performance skills.
- 04.Disease prevention Participating in regular physical activity prevents or delays the development of many chronic diseases and promotes health.
- 05.Better sleep Exersice improves the quantity and quality of sleep.
- 06.Happier children Kids who exercise have greater self-esteem and better self-image. Children who are active report fewer symptoms of anxiety and depression and a better overall mood.
- 07.Fun, Fun, Fun Ikanwin staff work very hard to ensure that kids are learning and having the best time possiable. Staying active is important and should be as much fun as possiable