Why choose multi-sports?
Multi-sports sessions are ideal for children who love to be active but might not want to limit themselves to one particular sport. Not only do they allow children to experience a multitude of different sports, but they also allow children the opportunity to trial various sports without having to commit to a regular singular sport weekly club. Our expertly developed multi-sports classeswork with children to build their skills across a range of sports. We provide encouragement and support for your children to build the confidence, motivation and skills to enjoy sport in a number of ways. We focus on building longer term engagement in individual sporting activities, games and sports with a partner and sports with a team.
These practical and fun learning experiences provide the foundation for your children to develop physically, socially and emotionally through the positive varied sporting challenges.
The term ahead:
Initially, children are introduced to and follow a full programme of skills basics, which then develops into our 6 core sports:
Through a series of team building challenges, children learn to develop their skills working alongside their peers becoming better all-round athletes. Each session, focuses on a core sport for 2-3 weeks quickly building on the children’s general skill base. Over the weeks, children will gainmore self-confidence, better communication skills and build a betterfitness level. Plus we put a huge emphasis on having FUN! At the end of the term, we hope to have aided children on their journey to building a passion of sport, helping them to see that they don’t have to focus on only one sport and helping them to see the benefit of building their sporting profile.
6 ways to get active without focusing on one key sport:
- Walk or cycle to and from school.
- Build a den or tree-house.
- Go roller skating, rollerblading or skateboarding, indoors or outside.
- Do an activity challenge with friends or family, such as working towards a fun run or a walk for charity.
- Go to the play-park.
- Fly a kite.
7 reasons why your child should stay active with ICanWin Sports
- 01.Healthy body Regular physical activity helps build and maintain strong, healthy muscles, bones and joints along with helping kids achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
- 02.Better Academic and social skills Research shows that exercise promotes improved school attendance and enhances academic performance also aids in the development of important interpersonal skills.
- 03.Healthy Mind Exercise helps improve motor coordination and enhances the development of various motor performance skills.
- 04.Disease prevention Participating in regular physical activity prevents or delays the development of many chronic diseases and promotes health.
- 05.Better sleep Exersice improves the quantity and quality of sleep.
- 06.Happier children Kids who exercise have greater self-esteem and better self-image. Children who are active report fewer symptoms of anxiety and depression and a better overall mood.
- 07.Fun, Fun, Fun Ikanwin staff work very hard to ensure that kids are learning and having the best time possiable. Staying active is important and should be as much fun as possiable