ICanWin Volleyball clubs are the first steps in along development path for aspiring young volleyball players. It is suitable for all - from absolute beginners - to those children who have already played volleyball. The main focus is on the basic technical skills and understanding the tactics of the game. But like most other sports, we believe that the best way to learn the game - is to actually play it! So, games are played at every session.
Volleyball has many health and social benefits for both boys and girls;
• Physical development – using healthy and enjoyable exercise to tackle the rise of obesity in children and adults
• Skill development – helping children and adults improve performance levels, educational attainment and lifelong learning
• Social development – using team games, co-operative skills and fair play
• Mental development – establishing and reinforcing confidence, self esteem and well being of children and adults
Over the term, the children will initially have a six week introduction to volleyball that focuses on:
- skill development
- learning the rules
- team skills
- the game inaction
Towards the end of the term children will have an opportunity to participate in termly borough competition; allowing children to demonstrate their new knowledge of skills and team tactics. Sessions can be 30-minute to 90-minute coaching sessions, dependent on the needs of your school.
Don’t forget – one of our key sporting Champions is a professional volleyball player; check out our Sporting Champions Page to find out more about him and his links with our volleyball clubs!
Top tips for brilliant passing:
Passing is probably the most important skill in volleyball; yet, it is the least acknowledged skill. The ability to deliver a good pass can eliminate the confusion that follows the uncertainty about where the ball should go when it enters your court. The following tips will ensure that you and your teammates are able to pass with high accuracy:
- The ball should connect with the widest part of your arm between your wrists and elbows
- You can increase the length of your arms by pressing your wrists and hands down
- Locking your elbows provides the ball with a larger surface area to land, and it allows you to pass the ball in a definite direction
- Bending your knees before connecting with the ball will make it easy for you to absorb a serveand re-direct the pass
7 reasons why your child should stay active with ICanWin Sports
- 01.Healthy body Regular physical activity helps build and maintain strong, healthy muscles, bones and joints along with helping kids achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
- 02.Better Academic and social skills Research shows that exercise promotes improved school attendance and enhances academic performance also aids in the development of important interpersonal skills.
- 03.Healthy Mind Exercise helps improve motor coordination and enhances the development of various motor performance skills.
- 04.Disease prevention Participating in regular physical activity prevents or delays the development of many chronic diseases and promotes health.
- 05.Better sleep Exersice improves the quantity and quality of sleep.
- 06.Happier children Kids who exercise have greater self-esteem and better self-image. Children who are active report fewer symptoms of anxiety and depression and a better overall mood.
- 07.Fun, Fun, Fun Ikanwin staff work very hard to ensure that kids are learning and having the best time possiable. Staying active is important and should be as much fun as possiable